Coming from Exito Decals:
Exito Decals celebrates the New Year with the release of two news sets available both in 1/48 and 1/72 scale. Our eleventh decal set is entitled “Pacific Warriors vol.1” and includes markings for three US fighter aircraft operating in the PTO during World War II:
P-51D-25-NA, s/n 44-72640, coded ‘501’, flown by Capt.
Evelyn Neff of 457th FS / 506th FG, Iwo Jima, late spring / summer 1945.
- P-40N, s/n unknown, coded ‘47’ and named ‘Mary Lou’, flown by Lt. David R. Winternitz of 8th FS / 49th FG, New Guinea, after February 14, 1944.
- P-38L-5-LO, s/n 44-26490, coded ‘E’ and named ‘Jean Creamer’, flown by Lt. E. T. Johnson of 36th FS / 8th FG, Ie Shima, Ryukyu Islands, late summer 1945.
Illustrations were created by Andrzej Sadlo and Janusz Swiatlon. All depicted aircraft carried attractive nose art. None of these marking options have previously been reproduced in decals. The decals included in the sheet allow for replicating the appearance of the P-51D ‘501’ and P-40N ‘47’ in different periods of their service, in accordance with available reference material. Our instruction sheets include photos of all depicted aircraft, some of which you may have never seen before. This set is available directly from the manufacturer:
- in 1/48 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED48011-148-Pacific-Warriors-vol.1-P-40-P-51-P-38/57604
- in 1/72 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED72011-172-Pacific-Warriors-vol.1-P-40-P-51-P-38/57602
Our twelfth decal set is entitled “In Enemy Hands” and covers three different Luftwaffe aircraft captured and repainted by Western Allies:
- Messerschmitt Bf 109 K-4, coded ‘Yellow 5’, Salzburg-Maxglan, Austria, mid-1945.
- Heinkel He 111 H-6, coded ‘HS-?’ and named ‘Delta Lily’, No. 211 Group RAF, North Africa, December 1942.
- Junkers Ju 88 A-4, WNr. 300227, 86th FS / 79th FG, Foggia, Italy, autumn 1943.
None of these marking options have previously been reproduced in decals in an accurate manner. Our instruction sheets include photos of all depicted aircraft, some of which you may have never seen before. Illustrations were created by Janusz Swiatlon. This set is available directly from the manufacturer:
- in 1/48 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED48012-148-In-Enemy-Hands-Bf-109-He-111-Ju-88/57605
- in 1/72 scale: https://exito.site/en_GB/p/EXITO-DECALS-ED72012-172-In-Enemy-Hands-Bf-109-He-111-Ju-88/57603
As previously, the decal sheets are printed by industry leader, Cartograf of Italy, which ensures top printing quality and ease of application. These are complemented by instructions that differ from the plain market standard. What you get are essentially high quality posters with accurate and inspiring illustrations. Each subject is presented on an A4-sized sheet, with large side aircraft profiles printed on the front, and the remaining artwork, reference photos and all necessary information laid out on the rear side. This way you not only get some cool decals for your model kit, but also attractive posters to adorn your man cave, at the same time!
Further releases are already in preparation – please follow us on FB not to miss the latest news: https://www.facebook.com/Exito-Decals