Dragon 1/72 LVT-(A)4
|DECALS:||At least two options|
|REVIEWER:||Scott Van Aken|
In the LVT-4,
The LVT-(A)4 of 1944, was a
This is the second LVT kit produced by Dragon and this time it is the heavily armed support vehicle. This means a new sprue with all the bits and pieces for the new upper hull and the turret with the gun on it. Like the other kit, it is not parts intensive, since the innards will be invisible once the kit is built. It has the usual superb dragon molding with a goodly number of small bits, like hand holds to attach. It also has Dragon's excellent DS tracks so no worries about a myriad of tiny tracks. The 'road wheels', return rollers and the sprockets are all molded into the side pieces, speeding up the build process.
Here is a full run of features from Dragon:
- Newly tooled glacis plate
- 75mm M8 gun newly produced
- Delicate LVT-(A)4 model produced in miniature
- Turret molded w/full detail
- Gun can be elevated at different angles
- Hull top is well detailed
- Fully detailed deck
- Delicate rear hull w/tow cable included
- Sprocket wheels w/breathtaking detail
- Detailed one-piece hull sides molded w/intricate wheels
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/weld seams
- One-piece DS tracks included
Markings are provided for two vehicles. One is the box art version in overall OD with the 3rd Armored Amphibian Battalion at Peleliu in 1944. The other has large patches of sand and brown on the hull and is with the 2nd Amphibian Battalion at Iwo Jima in 1945.
Here we have yet another excellent 1/72 military vehicle kit from Dragon. One that won't require months to build and yet will provide a neat display when done.
My thanks to www.dragonmodelsusa.com for the preview kit. Get yours today at your local retailer or on-line store.
Thanks to If you would like your product reviewed fairly and fairly quickly, please contact the editor or see other details in the
Back to the Main Page
Back to the Previews Index Page